View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 07:04 PM   #123
QuikSand
lolzcat

Q: What's the deal with these Power Up cards again, for guys you already have?

Since I haven't explained this very well to this point... and in the event anyone is reading, here's what the new Jarvis Landry card means for me, right now.

At the moment, Landry is my WR5 for the CLE theme team. I used the cheap Power Up card that started at something like 68 or 70, and then used incremental amounts of training to improveit up to something like 78 or 79. The next step for the Power Up card's improvement path required a copy of the 80-rated elite card for the same player. I bought that card, used it to power up my Power Up card to 81 overall, and that's where he is now - maxed out.

Tomorrow when they release the new 86 Landry card, it will probably create two new levels of powering up available through training... so maybe I will be able to pay something like 250 training to move my guy from 81 to 83, and then another 370 to train him up from 83 to 85. From there, I'd need a copy of the 86 rated card to move him to an 87 overall.

So, it's good for me - especially since he happens to fit with both my theme teams at the moment. A bit costly, but this should ice the decision to trade-back Devin Hester and replace him with Junior Seau (one of the special cards, a season champion, where I got a choice of two players and may reverse that decision up to 3x). Both my CLE and MIA teams are more needy at MLB than they are at WR now, in part because of Landry showing up here and likely becoming my slot receiver.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote