View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 07:41 AM   #140
Groundhog
Coordinator

Thanks!

It's been a slow couple of weeks - really struggling to come up with a player progression system that I'm happy with. Physical progression is in - players will develop in terms of height and weight (and speed/strength/jumping ability). Players will have growth spurts between 16-18, and potentially up through 20. Strength develops mostly around the 20-24 years.

What I'm struggling with now is 'basketball' attribute progression - whether to generate 'potential' per rating (which would be hidden), or have players develop semi-randomly.

My initial stance was semi-random, but I don't like how chaotic it makes the player progression system. Now I'm leaning the other way - players will be generated with a 1-5 potential rating in each attribute to indicate their ceiling, and an overall 'potential' rating that is partially masked until a certain age. I continue to tweak it.

Once I'm happy with this, I'll be working on the player generation logic per nation/league, and then initial work on the financial side of things, which is a little daunting to even think about to be honest!