View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 05:52 AM   #1
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

65 Years of Searching for a Title - A DDS:CB Utah Utes Dynasty

Quote:
BOYLEN FIRED, UTES HIRE SCHOFIELD

SALT LAKE CITY, AP - In the wake of a tumultuous 2007-08 season, the Utah Utes have dismissed single season coach Jim Boylen as head coach of their men's basketball program. In his place, the Utes have hired relatively unknown high-school coach Albert Schofield as his successor. The 35 year old Schofield previously served as the head coach of the Provo Bulldogs highschool team.

After a largely dissapointing season under Jim Boylen (18-15, 7-9 in conference play), the Utes have decided to go grass-roots in their coach hunt and plucked Schofield from Provo, where he recently led the Bulldogs to an undefeated (12-0) season. Schofield will be the school's 15th head men's basketball coach, following in the footsteps of Vadal Peterson, Jack Gardner, Jerry Pimm, and Rick Majerus.

"This is a dream come true for me, coming here to coach Utah." said Schofield. "My family and I are very thankful for this opportunity, and we are excited about becoming a part of the community. We are going to build a team that you, the beloved Utah fans, can be proud of. I look forward to bringing the Utes back to prominence where they belong."

The Utah Utes men's basketball program will be celebrating its 100th year this year, marking its centennial after being established in 1908. Utah last won the NCAA Title 65 years ago in the 1943-44 season under head coach Vadal Peterson.

Association Settings
- Underclassmen are ALLOWED to declare
- Illegal Recruiting is OFF
- Hidden Ratings are OFF
- 10-Point Rating Scale.

Coach Information
Name: Albert Schofield
Academics: High
Discipline: High
Integrity: High
Temper: Even
Offense: 65/85
Defense: 75/95
Scouting: 65/90
Recruiting: 75/90
Developing: 90/100

School Information
Name: Utah
Prestige: 61/100
Arena: Jon M. Huntsman Center (15000)
Facilities: B+
Academics: B-

Contract Information
Salary: $695,000 per year
Length: 5 years

Top Team Goals:
1. Qualify for NCAA Tournament
2. Don't Finish Last in Conference
3. Win 10+ Games
4. Improve School Prestige

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 07-10-2008 at 05:58 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote