View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 09:50 AM   #16
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

The Match on Thursday went well. There isn't a ton to report this time out. The team moved me up to the 3 spot right before the start of the match and paired me with my same partner from my second match.

We blitzed the opponents in the 1st set 6 -1.

Second set, my partner lost his serve to open the so we fell behind early. We took the lead back with a quick break and I held at Love. Followed by a break and my partner again struggling with his serve and losing (3-2). We broke, I held again in a strange one - jumped out big with 3 big service winners, followed by 4th great serve that was hit weakly back to my partner at the net and he dumped in the bottom of the net. I then double faulted twice to put it back at deuce. Then I ripped off an ace followed by an unreturned serve to win the point. (5-2). Jumped out to a lead in during the opponents serve, but then I made a nice volley, which the opponent scooped back at me at the net, and I missed an easy put away. Then we struggled to find our rhythm and lost that game, but my partner found his serve when we needed it and we closed out the match 6-3.

We ended up going 2-2 in this match, which puts us in a tie for second place and pretty much assures the team we just played will win the division. We play the second place team this week, but I have my scans today (7/6) and Wednesday (7/8), plus I have a slight calf strain, so I don't expect to be anywhere close to 100% on Friday.

Last edited by Breeze : 07-06-2021 at 09:52 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote