View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 06:42 AM   #621
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed July 30, 2014

Next to last friendly of pre-season for the first team, at Whitby. Trying to get players match fit and ready to go when things start for real in about 10 days, even if it means playing a few guys out of their normal (and likely future) positions.

Whitby strikes first at 5'. Trialist AMC Kurtis March feeds Niall Smith for a neat goal at 22'. Ahmed earns a PK when he's fouled right in front at 38', but misses by hitting it straight ahead. At 50' March earns a PK when he gets fouled in nearly the same spot by the same defender, Rickard banks this one in off the left post for a 2-1 lead. ML trialist Shulton knocks in a rebound at 67'.

It's a 3-1 win, led by MOM Kurtis March (7.5) who had two assists. Scorers Smith and Shulton both had 7.4 ratings. Ahmed, playing out of position at MR, was only 6.1.

Worse news is that Sam Sawyer's injury late in the match is a broken arm and that he'll be out 4-5 weeks. Not good at all.