View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 07:15 AM   #622
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thur July 31, 2014

Our Reserves played a friendly at Whitley Bay, salvaging a 1-1 draw thanks to Mo Davies goal at 72'. Not a stellar outing under AssMan Worthington, the subs generally outplaying the starters.

Fri Aug 1, 2014

Words we don't see or hear very often "the club made a profit of $71k last month". Those friendlies against bigger clubs paid off pretty good.

Our U18s played a friendly at Esh Winning, earning a 1-1 draw. Bobby O'Halloran subbed in and scored a few minutes later at 76'. A real mixed bag of performances in this one with ratings from 6.1 to 7.4

Late in the day we reach agreement with trialist Scott Shulton. Although I'm not a fan of straight per appearance deals, in this instance it sort of makes sense for the 24 y/o who seems likely to be a depth player for us and will hopefully earn the $250 p.a. he wouldn't budge from. How long he sticks around may be a different matter altogether.