View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 07:52 AM   #623
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat Aug 2, 2014
Last pre-season friendly for the first team, home against Scottish side Coldstream.

Took just 3' for Moke to find Kerr for a goal off a set piece. An own goal against Paratore leveled it at 14'. Ivanusa's sliding try was robbed by the post at 18' on what would have been the prettiest goal we've ever scored. Ivanusa made no mistake on a rocket at 36' to make it 2-1. They give back at own goal in stoppage time just before the half, 3-1. At the half we notice several players (Deen-Conteh, Cofie, newcomer Stewart Baker, reserve Jack Folan) looking complacent even though they've played well. Baker feeds Kerr for another set piece goal 4-1 early in the second half.

Afterwards I said what I thought was pretty simple stuff "Great performance now let's make sure we can do it when it really matters" ... and MOM (9.3) Fraser Kerr gets pissed off. Even telling him individually how great he was didn't seem to help. Most everyone else seemed to gain focus.