View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #633
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mon Aug 25, 2014

Fans are excited by the addition of youth signee Duncan Warner. The 18 y/o DC who came out of the Southampton system played well in his trial, we're hopeful.

18 y/o DL Barry Vickers also signs a youth deal, having last played for Bohemians.

Sam Sawyer resumes training after his injury.

Tuesday Aug 26, 2014
Adnan Ahmed is named to the BSBN Team of the Week first eleven.

Our Reserves played a fitness friendly at Ryton, losing 2-1. Trialist Gaetan Desgages scored at 29' to level the match but Ryton scored again at 55' for the winning margin. Sam Saywer was booked at 66', sent out with a red at 88'. Boateng, Donald, Thackerary and Saywer all played like crap. Only Desgages (7.2) and maybe Jefford (6.7) did anything good.

And Rhys Paul will be out 3-4 weeks with a pulled hamstring.

Fri Aug 29, 2014
More back & forth in the media between me and AFC Telford coach Darren Sheridan.

Hassan Janneh is worried about getting first team action ... Gee Mister Not Match Fit After Being Injured I'll see what I can do about that.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 (morning)
Our U18s played a Group match vs Bath, winning 2-1. Bobby O'Halloran and Robbie Locke each had first half goals, enough to see us through. But the win was costly, Locke (8.2) was MOM but suffered a broken arm that will put him out for 6-7 weeks. Meanwhile trialist AMC David Thorne will miss more than a month with a twisted ankle.

Also, MC Joe Baxter has been called up by Scotland U19s to face Ireland and Israel on Sept 5 and Sept 9

On the reserve/trialist front we want to sign ST Gaetan Desgages so we talk. He wants a $250 p.a. deal with a $250 goal bonus. We counter with $200 + $200 ... and he calls that "miles apart" and withdraws, unwilling to discuss further. Fuckhead. So we terminate his trial.

That in turn triggers the news item and an "offer contract" option is there. I figure "what the hell, let's make sure" ... and he asks for $180 p.a + $180. We've offered that, let's see what happens.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-05-2014 at 09:43 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote