View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #638
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed, Sept 3, 2014
Our U18s play at Dover in the U18s Cup First Round
I'll take over the team for this match, we'd like to advance and maybe go deeper this year. Open in a 4-4-2.

Not sure what happened to ML Dean Goodall but he has to leave at 27'. We don't really have a replacement who can play there so we bring on Ehab Pemberton as a DMC, shift Branker to an AML in a makeshift 4-1-3-1-1 pseudo formation. An ugly first half ends with honestly no idea what we should do next, we've tried Attacking, we've tried Countering, no sign of much of anything working.

72' Griffiths has a corner kick, floats it to the far post ... Anson Watson is there to head it home 1-0. 77' Branker is hurt and must come off. An interminable 4 minutes of added time finally expires after more than 5 minutes and we survive and advance as underdogs on the road.

No reports from the physio afterward, apparently no lingering damage to Goodall or Branker.

Sept 3, 2014 (con't)
Our Reserves played a Group match at Sheffield United, managing a 0-0 draw.
Sheff U playing the final 20 minutes TWO men down helped matters considerably. Ben Jefford (7.4) was MOM, Kellen Daly (7.3) also played well. Niall Thompson (5.9) was bloody awful.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-06-2014 at 10:54 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote