View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 01:44 AM   #648
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat Sept 27, 2014 (evening)
Blyth (7-2-0, 1st BSBN) vs Whitby (Northern Premier Premier)
We're 1:6 favorites at home in the FA Cup 2nd Round Qualifier. A must win since the board expects us to reach at least the fourth round. We beat them in a pre-season friendly 3-1, our Reserves beat them 2-0. Back to the trusty 4-4-1-1 Counter for this.

GK: McDonald
D: Deen-Conteh, Kerr, Seidu, Boateng
M: Shelton, Baker, Smyth, Moke
F: Paratore, Cofie
Subs: (Williamson, Sawyer, Musungu,Ahmed, Rickard, Branker, Dovey)

1' - Less than 90 seconds into the match Smyth aims and shoot, just wide left
5' - Free kick for Whitby sails over
9' - Smyth shoots wild high
12' - Baker crosses into the box for Moke ... he's fouled from behind and that's a penalty ...
13' - The left-footer Baker steps up and buries it top right (1-0) ... his first ever goal for Blyth
17' - Whitby starts to counter then holds up at midfield ... Boateng slides in, misses the ball ... whistle ... Red Card
You IDIOT
17' - If I had a gun handy ... we swtich to a 4-3-1-1, shift Smyth to DC, Seidu to DR
34' - Kerr strips Williams from behind and taps the ball to McDonald
40' - McDonald a leaping save on a long shot ... quick outlet down the left flank to Shulton, drives to the byline and fires, punched out, rebound by Moke is blocked

Halftime - We need to avoid letting me get near anything that could be used as a weapon. I let Coach Whitfield praise the rest of the squad to the heavens, nobody has lower than a 6.8, they deserve it. Stay in Counter, can't park the bus too early, 1 may not be enough down a man.

52' - Smyth free kick sails high
56' - Cofie turnover at midfield sets Whitby in motion, the shot goes wide
57' - Seidu plays a long ball to Cofie, he's one on one with the keeper coming out ... slapped wide and out of play
63' - Whitby plays a corner to the far point, shot hits the crossbar, McDonald can't grab it ... Seidu wisely puts it out of play
64' - Another corner, onto the head of Clive Cross ... he puts it on the wrong side of the post and out of play by inches
68' - Paratore plays a lovely ball on the right flank to Moke ... dribbles, waits ... crosses to Cofie in front ... GOAL ! (2-0)
69' - Sub Williamson (for Baker) ... shift Paratore to AMC, Smyth to MC ... switch to Defensive
72' - Deen-Conteh suddenly heads to the byline and cross for Cofie ... whistle ... Cross shoved Cofie out of the way, that's a penalty ... AND it's the second yellow of the day for Cross ...
74' - Shulton takes the penalty, steps up ... and misses wide right by a kilometer
75' - Shulton with an interception, feeds Cofie ... shot it high
76' - Moke jinks and jives ... crosses to the box but the keeper Webster steps in to intercept ... and juggles the ball ... Paratore makes him pay (3-0)
77' - Sub Branker (for Moke, tiring)
81' - Another Whitby corner, another clearance by Seidu
89' - Sub Sawyer (for Seidu, tiring)
89' - 1 minute added

Full time: Blyth 3 - Whitby 0

Just like we drew it up on the chalkboard. Paratore 8.2) is named MOM despite Moke's heroics (2 assists, 8.1) McDonald extends his clean streak to 377 minutes. The unbeaten streak grows to 15 matches.

Sept 27, 2014 (postmatch)
We've been award $7,340 for winning.

I'm fining Boateng 1 week salary for the card, we will not appeal his automatic one match suspension, which may be even heavier after the disciplinary committee meets next weekend. He accepts the fine and indicated a willingness to control himself in the future. Then again, I've heard that before.