View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 11:51 AM   #321
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I watched the third set of the Brooksby match against Ruud and figured there was no point staying up any later because Brooksby had blown it and was out of gas. I was shocked to see he regrouped and won the 4th set fairly easily. His demeanor during the game he blew 3 match points and the rest of that set was about as bad as it could be - not losing his temper or anything, but showing how exhausted he was. He looked like he was in tears and kept bending over, going to a knee, putting his hands on the back wall. I thought for sure he would easily lose the last 2 sets or maybe even retire. Good for him to pull that out. But keep it inside, young man. You have Ruud plenty of ammo to know how to attack you in those games.

Speaking of guys who don't give up, how about Andy Murray? Won his second 5 set match, this time coming from 2 sets down and winning in 5.5 hours in a match that ended after 4am local time. He's playing on an artificial hip! He's had a way more competitive comeback from injury than anyone could imagine. What a competitor.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote