View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #450
Calis
College Starter

Alves looked really impressive last night. I thought he was good but I underestimated him. I thought when Koscheck stepped up to replace Diego he was in trouble. I figured he would be taken down at will, but his defense is much better than I originally thought. Is it good enough to stop GSP's takedowns? I doubt it, but now that fight seems a lot more interesting.

Silva looked to be intentionally dragging that fight out as long as he could. Not sure if he was going to try some explosive finish or if he's just bored in there. It was odd. He was winning the exchanges easily and I believe could've ended it whenever he wanted but was taking his time dancing around. I think he was pretty pissed when it ended because he never got to do whatever the hell he planned to.

Hated to see Werdum lose because I was one griping that he got screwed in this Heavyweight deal because he'd earned a shot a helluva lot more than Lesnar or Mir did. He leaned right into that shot though, pretty brutal.

The Sherk/Griffin fight was fun to watch also. A pretty good show overall for them which was good because last week's was not their best by a longshot.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote