View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 01:57 AM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March:

Burbage studios won the bid on Annie Action, so we'll not be participating in that project.

I decide to greenlight Hiding Out:

Hiding Out
A four star spay script with poor pace but solid to great everywhere else.
No special effects, pyro effects or major sets are needed.
We'll film in Toronto which gives us a reduced production cost

I greenlight the project and look to cast:

It took some casting to find Christopher Borg but when we did, I knew he'd do well as our lead character. 600k makes him our leading man.

We found the love interest and co-spy in one audition. Tara Brustle joins us for an additional 600k.

Ysabel Fyler nailed her audition as the villainess so we cast her for just 50k. A major supporting role goes to Suzette Listenstan for 50k as well.

Javier Okuma was my first choice for the project. Relatively cheap and a solid director. He signed on for 800k.

Errol Sooten is a solid, experienced studio man, and I wanted one such person in the team. As a producer, his ability should have a great impact on the surrounding staff. 1 mill and he was ours.

I authorize pre-production to begin which should take until August or so.

I purchase Jazz Dummer, an original screenplay in a film noir style, four stars for 1.7 million credits.

Hacking In, a four star original screenplay about 1920's style gangsters hacking into a computer cost me 850k.

With the greenlight and ppurchases, I am done with March. Expect for one piece of news....

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote