View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 06:28 PM   #5736
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I purchased Disco Elysium last night.. hopefully I'll get in a few hours tonight.

It's a strange and interesting game.

There's definitely a placescape torment vibe to it, but it's a detective game so there's isn't in real combat. The writing is incredible and it really encourages you to play outside of your comfort zone.

I mean so far I've: hit on an elderly lady in a wheel chair because I needed money, punched a 12 year old in the face to get him to stop yelling rape, shot a dead body I'm investigating down from a tree he was hanging from, and nearly got into a fight with a guy I was questioning because he was being racist toward my partner. The game generally doesn't punish you for doing the things other games punish you for.

I'm about 3 hours into it and it's a 60-90 hour game so I'm just scratching the surface, but I'd say 9/10 for torment fans.

For everyone else:

If you enjoy a strong story, don't mind reading a lot of text, are willing to do the off the wall shit other games don't want you to do, and the lack of combat isn't a dealbreaker then it's something to look into.

Last edited by Atocep : 10-16-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote