View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 04:32 PM   #8
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
In a normal setup, there's no way a team outside of the Top 25 would have a prayer of getting a 5-star guy to sign with them.

Not sure how much that magical run nor even the signees have to do with your INI file changes. I'm playing pure vanilla, aside from adding a single 0 prestige team at the beginning of the career, but I've signed at least three overlooked 5-star players over the course of a three coach "career". Each one eventually declared for the draft early & went in the top ten of the draft (including a #3 overall). Honestly, none ever stuck around long enough to have the sort of impact you might think they'd have on teams with prestige below 60. At this point I'm actually leery of even trying to get them, typically they're poorly developed/high potential guys that aren't really as reliable during their short stays as nice solid 3-star guys that arrive more developed.

Over the course of 60 seasons - with conference prestige allowed to change but only minimal (manual) movement for teams -- I've seen similar mediocre to magical teams more than once. Southern Miss wasn't even a 20-win team when they reached my 2018 final, didn't even win their conference (CUSA has been a prestige 2/3 conference for most of this dynasty). The following season it was Charlotte, going to the final after a similarly so-so regular season. 2030 it was Santa Clara, though they were a WCC juggernaut all year and finished 30-8.

Campbell, Northeastern, Georgia State, Stony Brook, Hofstra, St. Mary's, they've all gotten to the final four with mostly similar backstories. That's one of those kind of teams about every six seasons, with virtually vanilla set up.

It's fun to notice but I'm just sayin that it could have very well happened. With the considerable number of 16/1 or 15/2 upsets that happen (about once every 2-3 seasons), there's a lot more chances for it to take place in the FBCB world than in the real world.