View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 08:34 PM   #12
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The Recruit Diaries

I'm basically running through a variety of ideas now and seeing what/if anything sticks. I've just been simming seasons galore without much care in the world.

My current idea is to follow some recruits through high school into college and then to the pros. I'm always fascinated by that idea, because it lets me sim a lot of years and then I eventually start to know who the hell these guys are.

This article in The Ringer
made me start thinking about putting together U18 USA Basketball teams because both of the superteams we had on the Heat and the Warriors are borne out of relationships that started with that international play.

So maybe we see guys who after playing together on this team eventually head into the NBA and try to orchestrate their way onto the same team.

That could be a fun story and kind of what I was trying to achieve with this whole free agent dynasty in the first place, I just don't know these players well enough to assemble a roster of guys that I care about at all.

So I have to start with recruits and see if that'll make it easier for me.

To get you all involved, if you want me to create a recruit for you, I'll do it. With a twist. You don't get to name them, because you all are pretty bad at naming. But you can choose their hometown/high school/city/state, can choose their position (or if they're kind of a tweener) and if you have like a preference of where they go to school, we can try to get them there.

FIBA only does the U18 tournament every two years, but for the purposes of our storyline, we'll probably just do a team every year in some kind of format that allows us to showcase them. I might also look at the McDonalds All-American game results and see if there's anyone interesting as part of that class and worth following, too.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote