Old 10-08-2020, 09:59 PM   #101
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 3, July 1983
Boiling Springs, North Carolina
Attendance: 5,000 (Sell Out)

Pre Show Match
--Moondog Spot def. Dare Bergeron in 6:55 by pinfall following a running elbow drop. (D+, 48)

Pre Show Match
--Phil Hickerson def. Bill Mulkey (one night deal) in 7:03 by pinfall following a piledriver. (D, 45)

Pre Show Match
--Terry Taylor def. George South (one night deal) in 7:24 by pinfall following a Five Arm. (D-, 37)

--Randy Savage def. Jerry Oates in 9:11 by pinfall following a flying elbow drop. (C+, 68) After the match, Savage is interviewed by Tony Schiavone. Savage says being aligned in tag teams held him back so for the foreseeable future, he will be strictly a singles wrestler. (B-, 74)

--’Dr. Death’ Steve Williams def. The Spoiler in 9:54 by pinfall following the Oklahoma Stampede. (B, 78) After the match, Williams hypes his and Barry Windham’s tag match versus the Super Destroyers on Championship Wrestling this Saturday. (B+, 85)

--Rick Rude comes out with his tag partner, Meng, and hypes their upcoming match against Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware. He insults the men in the audience by saying ‘the men around here are the reason they invented double doors’. (C+, 70)

--Rick Rude and Meng w/Jimmy Hart def. Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware in 9:10 by pinfall following a Rude Awakening and ensuing pin by Rude. (B-, 75) After the match, Jimmy Hart tells the fans its just a matter of time before the TV title comes to the First Family.

CWA American Title Match
--The Super Destroyer def. Jimmy Valiant in 12:31 by pinfall following a superplex. (B, 80) After the match, Steve Williams comes out and gets in a staredown with Super Destroyer. (B+, 86)

Show Rating: B, 79

--I release the Moondogs. Spot is becoming a problem backstage and I can’t have one without the other. I also release Buzz Tyler and Lou Winston. The contracts of The Spoiler and Porkchop Cash are expiring and they will not be re-signed.

--I sign Iron Mike Sharpe, Jimmy Golden, and Eddie Gilbert. Both are good workers and have good brawling skills and psychology. However, they will be there for nothing more than to put over other workers. Gilbert is young but talented. His time will come.

--The core of CWA is still there six months into the dynasty: 21 workers and also Lance Russell and Dave Brown, among others. I want to keep the core together as much as possible.

--David Von Erich is the new figurehead for Mid-South Wrestling. Of course, he is the figurehead for World Class and is loyal to them. He is fast becoming one of the most popular wrestlers in America, just as it should have been IRL. In fact, the Von Erichs and Freebirds are all loyal to World Class so any attempts to sign written deals will fail. If all else fails in World Class, you have all day Freebirds vs Von Erichs.
tucking fypo is offline   Reply With Quote