View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 08:11 AM   #28
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I have no interest in running anything more than a 5K (if that, even), but I have been doing regular cardio training to get ready for our adult Huff 'n Puff soccer league that starts in 4 weeks and to get rid of some fat and be in better shape generally. It's tough to get to the gym even 3 times a week with the schedule I've got (forget work, it's the 2 softball teams for my 10 year old (one of which practices 45 minutes away and plays tournaments every other weekend) and t-ball/soccer for the 6 year old), but I've been making it happen whenever I can (including the dreaded 5am sessions). I've been doing 36-minute speed intervals twice a week (alternating 1 minute at 4.5MPH and 1 minute at 9.0MPH at 1.0 incline) and then when I have more time, a 65 minute jog at 6.5-7.0 MPH on Random at level 4 incline (whatever the hell that translates to). I've been mixing in weights, crunches, and push-ups at home on nights I don't run (again, when I have the time). Seems to be working pretty well.

I've considered entering a 5K, but I'm not sure I care enough to do it. I have enough motivation just trying to get in shape, so I'm not sure what the race would do for me other than add anotther thing to my schedule (and probably conflict with one of the girls' games).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote