View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

We win 6 of our last 10 games, to finish 44-38, a 39 win improvement over our first season. But will it be good enough to squeak into the playoffs. We also get our first win over Miami since LeBrenedict took his talents there.

Boston 94-87 L
@ Indiana 102-87 L
@ Philadelphia 105-94 W
@ Boston 100-83 W
Miami 112-85 W
@ Toronto 110-99 W
Philadelphia 100-85 L
@ Detroit 95-88 W
Chicago 99-97 L
@ Washington 93-84 W

We squeak into the playoffs as the 7 seed and will draw Boston.

East:
1. Miami
2. Boston
3. Indiana
4. Chicago
5. Orlando
6. New York
7. Cleveland
8. Philadelphia

West:
1. Denver
2. Utah
3. Lakers
4. Dallas
5. Portland
6. New Orleans
7. Oklahoma City
8. Houston

Boston is going to be tough, I don't have high hopes. We're young, and really don't have a go-to guy yet. Gasol has played really well, but I'd like to have a guy I know is going to get 25 or so every night. Fortunately for us, Kevin Garnett is out with a torn MCL and Nate Robinson might miss a game or two for Boston. The only player we have out is Derrick Williams, but Diaw can hopefully step in and pick up the slack for us. If everything goes our way, we might be able to steal this series.

Game 1: @ Boston 110-107 L

Game 2: @ Boston 88-81 W

Game 3: @ Cleveland 111-89 W

Game 4: @ Cleveland 119-101 W

Game 5: @ Boston 107-91 L

Game 6: @ Cleveland 98-74 L

Game 7: @ Boston 112-83 L

So disappointing, up 3-1 and we lose 3 straight to a Boston team that got more and more banged up each game. Oh well, I should be safe for at least another season, and the fans in Cleveland have hope again. Now, if only Miami will lose.

It takes 7 games for each Eastern Conference series, Miami takes care of Philly, Chicago beats Orlando, Indiana beats New York. In the West, Denver takes Houston out in 5, Portland sweeps Dallas, New Orleans sweeps the Lakers, and Utah dispatches OKC in 6 games.

Boston takes care of Indiana in 6, Portland sweeps Denver, Utah beats New Orleans in 5, and the Bulls send LeBrenedict home in 7.

In the conference finals, Boston takes care of Chicago in 5, and Portland beats Utah in 7. In the Finals, Portland defeats Boston in 5 games. A Boston team that we had on the ropes in the first round. Detroit wins the lottery, and for the first time I wonder if we won too fast, too soon.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote