View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 09:16 PM   #400
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Shitkowski today one of the all-time worst games for a QB in college history. His final line was 2/16 for 8 yards and 4 picks. Backup Gio Rescigno came in for 1 pass, it was intercepted. So RU QBs on the day completed 2 passes to their own team, and 5 to the Terps. Terps had 45 yards in INT returns, RU with 8 passing.

I don't care if the buyout is $20M (it's actually $10M), time to move on fast. This team may not beat high school teams and Ash is horribly outcoached week after week. His recruiting sucks. Another year of this and nobody will come watch the team.

Of course, RU gets their big payday in 2-3 years, so they will likely hold Ash for now until the buyout goes down and they get their $$$ from the B10. What a farce.

Sitkowski was benched as a high school senior, cut loose by Miami, dropped from a 4 star to a 3 star, and he's somehow starting as a true freshman. He's not ready.

He's one of the worst P5 starting QBs I've seen. What's crazy is his 2/16 5 pick game isn't even the worst game he's played his year according to QBR. He's had adjusted QBRs of 0.9 against Kansas, 8.1 against Buffalo, and 1.5 against Maryland. For the season his QBR is 14.2. The next lowest for a P5 QB is Peyton Bender of Kansas at 31.5.

I don't follow Rutgers, but it's clear he should have been redshirted and they had a chance after 4 games to preserve the redshirt but they keep sending him out there.

Either Ash doesn't give a shit because he knows he won't be fired or he's already given up on Sitkowski and feels he has a better player coming in the next class.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote