View Single Post
Old 06-23-2003, 09:41 PM   #2
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Well, the prosecutors did dream up the idea of the cult, but the supporters of the WM3 point to plenty of evidence claiming that is false.

As far as Scott Peterson goes, I think this clinches his guilt. This is as much of a punt as you are ever going to see.

In regards to cults, I'm not sure where I fall on that issue. I know that many crimes have been attributed to cults, but I have also seen that many times when cults are blamed, it is usually by prosecutors with a weak case or defendants with no other recourse. I'm not aware of any proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that satanic, murderous cults exist. You can claim that the Manson Family was one, but I think that was more just a bunch of complete lunatics.

That being said, I knew a woman once who claimed that she had been a member of a cult that sacrificed to newborn children. She said that she had at least one child who had been sacrificed. She claimed that she broke free of the cult and that they paid her a sum of money if she agreed to never sue them or testify against them. Frankly, the story sounds a bit fishy, but I suppose there is a possibility that it was true.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote