View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #127
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I want that spot I looked at.

In a final analysis of it, the place has darn near everything I want

1. 1500 sq ft with an area sectioned off for store.
2. No NNN Fees
3. Potential HVAC capped at $500 / year in expenses
4. No buildout needed (just paint)
5. 60-70 car parking
6. Easy to locate and give directions to.
7. Price is good @ $10/sq (although, need to exchange numbers. I'd like $9.25)

Would I like it in a little higher traffic area? Yes. That is the main negative that I see. However, I can afford to build up the marketing side of the business over a 3-6 month period and not have it kill me as I don't need $10K of sales from day one. Plus, getting that spot where the traffic is at its highest is extremely pricey ($22/sq) and/or there would be direct competition between tenants and I couldn't go there even if I wanted since there is a 1/2 mile stretch owned by the same company and 2 businesses have products that could be seen as competition vs me.

From a financial standpoint there is really nothing stopping us from opening a place. If we opened, didn't sell a single thing, didn't get a single customer and closed after 1 year, the money we would lose is acceptable and wouldn't destroy us.

We have some questions on staffing that we need to work through, but I think I got some of those nagging questions answered this afternoon when I talked to the person I want to hire part-time. I had some good news yesterday because another person I know has offered to volunteer for 2 days a week and 1 or 2 Saturday's a week. He is a pretty stand up person so, I'm pretty confident in him coming through.

The only roadblock right now is just getting taxes squared away from 2009 which I'm working on this weekend.

Hopefully in a few weeks I can actually say what I'm doing and have some of you as customers in the future.

Awesome news! have you made the offer yet? Or are you just waiting to see what taxes bring you?