View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #132
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

It has been awhile since I posted in this so, figured I'd post a 'ya well duh' update. In the abscene of posts, I have decided not to move forward with the brick and mortar store although, I'm still in business from an online/Ebay capacity.

And yes Warhammer, it was a Game/Hobby store. I'm shocked that it wasn't guessed since I frequently comment on the board game/Warhammer threads and my interests in my profile say games.

There were a few factors that ended my search.

1. A place. Despite the economy, just seemed every place I looked at either didn't match my needs OR the owner just didn't care if they rented it or not. With the amount of available space, it really was a surprise at how unwillingly many of the people I was dealing with just didn't care if they leased it or not. Many of the places that I initially looked at are still empty and I'd assume they will be empty for a long time (one is going on 4 years).

2. My daughter. On one hand, I wanted to do this for my family, but it would cost me time with my daughter in the short term. At the end of the day, that wasn't something I wanted.

And the capper, when my accountant looked at my numbers and what we were doing now, he looked at me and said 'why in the world would you want a store front when you are doing this good now?'. My brother-in-law, who also owned a store, said my profit margins were so high right now, why bother.

So, for the time being, I shelved the brick and mortar portion of my business 'dream'. I'm still quite actively doing the online portion and I'll have to deal with my inventory coming from failed businesses, sellers going out of business or people getting out of a hobby.

I have a crapload of Mongoose Publishing d20 stuff for sale cheap if interested...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote