View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 09:10 AM   #386
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
What happened for you timmae?

Well, you know we entered that burial chamber for Siko. Well, as the legends postulate, Siko was a master at keeping her opponents from gaining ground and had even started a school of martial arts. It is blind luck that as a Sis-Sharr I am taught early on that movement can be your best defense. We know all of the legends and histories of Siko. A better master of defense you will not find.

In addition to the legends heard as a young Sis-Sharr, I had chosen early on to become skilled in the ways of the Kensai. The Kensai are artful warriors that incorporate movement and defense as a main strategy. We cannot wear armor and become very skillful in dodging attacks as we progress, becoming warriors with reflexes equal to heavy suits of armor.

With my history there couldn't have been a more apt possession to stumble upon than Siko's tomb of history that she herself had written. This is an invaluable book that simply cannot be found anywhere else. In addition the opportunity to gather her ashes for future holdings could be passed up.

I decided to attempt to retrieve the possessions knowing that they are likely guarded by some kind of spirit. Indeed, a Spirit of Shadowsong was protecting the items. It awoke when I tried to grab the book and a tough battle ensued. I hit for decent damage with my first swing of my guisarme and was instantly attacked by the Spirit. It hit me and I was blinded. Luckily I am very agile and have sound footing so I was able to gather myself even though my sight was gone. I sensed the spirit nearby and took a few more swings but I did not connect. Luckily I was not attacked either as I was dodging whatever attacks may be thrust my way. It happened to hit me with a glancing blow as I stepped to the side after my 2nd miss and I was able to obtain a feel for where the spirit may be. With one final mighty swing I was able to hit the spirit directly for the final killing shot.

My sight returned a short while later and I found that I did not take more than about 15% of damage. All in all it was a worthwhile trade for the artifacts obtained.

I will be keeping the book as it is very dear to me. The ashes are as well but I can already sense the huge power that lurks within. While I want to keep the ashes as well as a prized possession they could be invaluable to a spirit magic user. I believe Silver Claw (Thomkal) is our only ritualist in the dungeon. I would be willing to trade if the price is right.