Missed a few days of programming because the plague came back with a vengeance.
However, we're back! I ended up grinding through the awards screen, processing, and data storage. That seems to work pretty well now. Now I'm powering through the fast-sim.
I don't know why I'm always surprised at this, but every time I write this engine it shocks me how much harder the blocking is than the rest of the engine. I've spent almost a whole day on pass blocking and I've still got a few hours to go! That being said, I'm really excited about how it works. I took a vastly different approach this time. It makes extra blockers and free rushers a lot more meaningful than the previous versions of the blocking engine, without just throwing an adjustment to some probability chart.
In the end, the fast-sim engine is going to be very similar in function to the real-time engine.
(at least for blocking and pass rushing, so far)
Not sure if I'm going to make my goal of having fast-sim done by Monday, but it should be close.