View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #65
spleen1015
Coordinator

I had another conversation with my wife about this early this morning. She is firmly in the pro gun camp. It should be up the each individual to decide if they want to own an AK-47 or not. I think she thinks that the government wants to totally take guns away.

I think a lot of people think the government wants to totally take guns away and that's simply not true at all.

We'll see what Obama wants to do later today, but I don't think anyone wants to completely remove guns or even make any sort of gun illegal. I think they just want to put more controls in place, maybe make it a little harder to get these types of guns.

I am in the middle of the argument. I think we should be allowed to own guns, but isn't it worth the trouble to have more regulations and make it harder to get guns if it means the Sandy Hook tragedy doesn't happen? Hell, even if it means 2 people lose their lives instead of 27 it is a step in the right direction.

Is there really a need for an average every day citizen to be able to get a hold of an AK-47 that can shoot 60 bullets in 20 seconds? I don't think so. An Ak-47 to me serves no purpose other than to kill people. So, I don't have a problem with more regulations around this sort of thing.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 01-16-2013 at 10:40 AM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote