View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #795
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Hey guys, this is the last thread I thought I would ever be posting in because I have hated running ever since I can remember.

I can't say I'm particularly fond of it just yet but in an effort to slim down and improve my overall physical fitness (for whatever reason, the post highlighting Ben's transformation was the spark I needed) I started eating better and trying to exercise regularly.

So far, so good...down from 235 to 220 since mid-August and am enjoying the fact that my clothes are too big and that, eventually, I'll get to go out and buy some new stuff!

Anyway, I spent the morning scanning through this thread and probably have a half dozen or so new tabs waiting to be read because there seems to be a lot of valuable advice/info spouting out of you guys...who knew?!

I've been using RunKeeper to track my activities thus far but decided to join you guys on Strava and the Fitleagues for the added social aspect of it all. So, if you notice "John Hunter" or "jryhunter" pinging you, that's me.

Being a noob at the running business I probably overdid it despite spending 3 weeks walking regularly to try and get my body ready for running because the last few runs have not been fun on my knees. My last attempt was Saturday morning and my knees were fine for the first KM but started to hurt towards the end of that so I started to walk. I tried running again a little while later but they hurt quite a bit so I decided it would be best to just to finish the rest of my run by walking as quickly and as comfortably as I could. Oh well.

My knees aren't aching nearly as much as they have been the last few days so hopefully that means I can get back out there and continue my assault on the sidewalks of Sherwood Park again soon. :P
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote