View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 03:48 PM   #9
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Group A, Round 2, Game 1

Arizona at New York Mets

Starting Pitchers

Daniel Hudson (ARI) vs. Chris Capuano (NYM)

Game Recap

New York Mets- 5, Arizona- 4 -- It's unbelievable to think that the Diamondbacks would blow a lead in the 9th 2 games in a row, but that's exactly what happened. Arizona went into the bottom of the 9th leading 4-1 thanks to 7 brilliant innings of work by Hudson. Juan Gutierrez started the 9th on the mound for Arizona, giving up a walk and a single sandwiched in-between 2 outs. He departed and David Hernandez came in. He gave up an RBI single to David Wright (who was the lead-off hitter in this game, I'll explain more on that later), and then Jose Reyes ended the game with a 3 run walkoff homer, stunning the D-Backs for the 2nd straight game.

WP: Mike O'Connor
LP: David Hernandez

Group A, Round 2, Game 2

Minnesota at Oakland

Starting Pitchers

Brian Duensing (MIN) vs. Gio Gonzalez (OAK)

Game Recap

Oakland- 6, Minnesota- 4 -- Oakland scored 4 runs in the bottom of the 3rd, batting around as they had a double and 5 singles in the inning. Neither starting pitcher made it out of the 6th inning, but Oakland's bullpen was brilliant in the final 4 innings, allowing just 2 baserunners to seal the deal.

WP- Gio Gonzalez
LP- Brian Duensing
SV- Andrew Bailey

Group A, Round 2, Game 3

St. Louis at Boston

Starting Pitchers

Chris Carpenter (STL) vs. Jon Lester (BOS)

Game Recap

St. Louis- 5, Boston- 2 -- It was just 1 bad inning that doomed the Red Sox, as St. Louis batted around in the 2nd, scoring all 5 of their runs. Ryan Theriot, Lance Berkman, and Yadier Molina all doubled in the inning. Chris Carpenter pitched 7 2/3 innings, allowing both Boston runs and scattering 8 hits. Raul Valdes got the final out of the 8th, and Trever Miller pitched a perfect 9th as the Cardinals take the early lead in group play.

WP- Chris Carpenter
LP- Jon Lester
SV- Trever Miller

Next up, Group B, Round 2. But before I get into that, I wanted to tell you guys how I'm choosing starting line-ups for each game. With my player position rules in effect, I choose the 9 starters for each team based on that. Then, I open up OOTP 17, of which I've started a 2011 historical mode, and I plug the starters into it for each team for each game, and let the CPU choose the batting order. That's why David Wright led off for the Mets in their game against Arizona, something he probably has done much before.

So far I haven't run into any problems doing it this way, but I know halfway through when players start changing teams, I'll have to progress into the season to do trades and such. I'm doing everything in commissioner mode and have huge rosters for each team. I figure I'm not actually playing any of the season on OOTP, and I'll delete it as soon as this tourney is over.

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 08-23-2017 at 03:49 PM.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote