9th – Rio Ave, 21, +7
10th - Portimonese , 20, -14
11th – Academica, 18
12th – Olhanese, 15
13th – Arouca, 15
14th – Vit. Setubal, 11
15th – Estoril. 10
16th – Aves, 2

So, if we had won against the 14th team in the league, We would have 32 points and be in second place at the halfway mark. Instead, we are still in 4th place – which has been our home for a long time. Sporting has sort of redeemed themselves so far after a disappointing year last year, and Benfica are now not looking so hot.

Our first 5 league games are home vs Portimonese, Away at Porto, home vs Benfica, away vs Sporting and home vs Ferreira. That is a rough trilogy of terror in games 2, 3, 4. Our last five are Estoril, Braga, Rio Ave, Vit Setubal and Academica, which positions us nicely for a final run of form.

For injuries, Luis Martins is fine. Just 3-4 days with a dead leg. But Rondon, is not. He’ll be out for a few weeks with a twisted knee. We’ll start Adriano and Djaniny while he’s out. We have made an offer to Rondon to extend his deal by two years and increase his pay, which was bugging him a bit. He’s someone I don’t want to mess with. I move over most of the transfer money to make up the difference.

I have really unsteadied the Maritimo boss - he just said that I got under his players’ skin and disappointed the fans. He is publicly chastising his own players. Got ya!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote