View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #2
korme
Go Reds

The Packers won the Superbowl.

2015 OFFSEASON
Heading into FA, I dumped any expensive player that didn't have a signing bonus. I also let FAs Nate Washington, Shonn Greene, Delanie Walker and Jake Locker go.

The goal is to rebuild but also stay competetive, as we have picks 1.3, 2.3, 3.3, 4.3, 5.3, 6.3, 7.3

So we head to free agency and I had maybe 25 guys under contract, with 80 million to play with.

The only players we had that you could consider as impact guys were CB Jason McCourty, TE Jordan Cameron (acquired from Browns from previous owner), SS Bernard Pollard, ROLB Akeem Ayers, and a building block in HB Bishop Sankey.

So we have holes pretty much everywhere.

The biggest names in free agency are: QB Joe Flacco, QB Alex Smith, WR Jeremy Maclin, WR Anquan Boldin, WR Stevie Johnson, WR Steve Smith, WR Hakeem Nicks, DT Haloti Ngata, DE Brian Orakpo, DE Greg Hardy, CB Brandon Flowers

I put offers out to Alex Smith, Jeremy Maclin, Greg Hardy, and a couple of offensive linemen.

Haloti Ngata signed with the Chiefs.
Steve Smith back to Carolina.
Hakeem Nicks and Jeremy Maclin both signed with the Jets.
Stevie Johnson went to Tampa Bay.
The Browns signed CB Brandon Flowers.
Boldin remains a free agent.

We sign Alex Smith to a 2 yr, 10.5MM contract. Smith is going to fit well with my offensive scheme- a west coast run and shoot style of attack.

We land our biggest target, Greg Hardy, to a monstrous 6-year, 113MM contract. Honestly, I probably could have gotten him for 10 million cheaper, but I screwed it up with how Madden's free agency works.

We ended up signing C Will Montgomery to fill a need (2 yr, 7.75MM)

So we have a QB, no real receivers except for a young unproven Justin Hunter, and a decent defense led by Greg Hardy.

This takes us to the draft.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote