View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 06:37 PM   #308
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Blue (foreign, 1993) - 2/5 stars, A somewhat frustrating watch although there are some solid performances .

White (foreign, 1994) - 3/5 stars, Much more enjoyable watch than it's preceding film (blue), works fine as a standalone move depsite being part of a thematic trilogy.

The Weather Undergound (documentary, 2002) - 3/5 stars, Pretty interesting look at a active and misguided anti-war group in the 60s.

Murderball (documentary, 2005) - 4/5 stars, possible the best documentary i've ever seen. About parapalegic rugby players. The movie doesn't baby them at all, and it's fascinating. You'll find some of the guys to be inspiring, and some of them to be just as big an asshole as any able-bodied asshole you know.

Joint Security Area (foregin, 2002) - 3/5 stars, the first movie by Chan Wook Park (Oldboy). Decent, although it loses steam about 2/3 through (I felt this way about anohter one of his movies too).

The Station Agent (2003) - 3/5 stars, stars a dwarf pretty matter-of-factly as the lead character. Good, not great movie.

Bubble (2006) - 3/5 stars - The Steven Soderbergh "released to all formats at once" movie. Interesting, more for the method of creating the movie than for the film itself. Impressive that you can essentially grab regular joes and make a watchable movie.

Westworld (1973) - 3/5 stars - Michael Crichton was really laying his own tracks for Jurassic Park with this one. This movie appears to have been pretty damn influential on a number of very popular sci-fi movies down the line. After declaring the movie was ripe for a remake, i found out it actually is being remade. They should cast Christian Bale, who's a dead ringer for young James Brolin (IMHO).

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 02-21-2006 at 06:37 PM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote