View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 12:26 AM   #108
Radii
Head Coach

2009/10 North Carolina A&T Roster

STARTERS

PG Tavarus Alston - SR - 57 OVR - Speed, Quickness, and ball handling is what we get out of Alston. Good stamina too. He is an average shooter who gets 90% of his points from the free throw line or in transition.

SG Austin Ewing - SR - 66 OVR - Our best midrange and 3 point shooter, he can also handle the ball and is very quick. Average defender.

SF Robert Johnson - SR - 56 OVR - I may end up going with a 3 guard lineup at some point but for now Johnson is my man here. He does nothing of note well, average defender, below average mid-range jumper, poor passer, average speed... yeah.

PF Thomas Coleman - JR - 63 OVR - A beast on the boards, I'd like to elevate him to double/double averages on the season. Good inside, but not a great defender.

C Scott Hayes - JR - 67 OVR - Our best close range shooter, a poor defender and only an average rebounder, he is 7'1" and eats up space with the best of them.

Bench

PG Leandro Works - FR - 60 OVR - I'm thrilled by the rating, but he doesn't look like a guy who will do a lot for me. He is an average defender so that will help the 2nd string quite a bit, and he is a better passer than everyone but alston, not as good a ball handler though. He is FAST. 92 SPD/83 QCK (alston/ewing are in the 83-85 SPD range).

PG Boomer Shiloh - FR - 63 OVR - A better shooter than Works, but not a good shooter. He is the best defender on the team(DEF 81, most of our guys are in the low-mid 70s). His defense MIGHT make us a case for Alston/Shiloh/Ewing starting if I can handle going that small. He is also very fast and a decent ball handler.

SG Johnny Colter - FR (RS) - 53 OVR - An above average defender and a fast player, also he's 6'5" which is the only non-post player with any notable size in our reserves, so he seems to be my SF by default. A very poor shooter though.

PF Kam Shepherd - JR - 60 OVR - Shepherd is a better post defender than Coleman but is not a guy that looks like he can score a ton. Of course we've seen him be a spark off the bench many times before and hope he can continue to do that for us.

C Cato Cruz - SO - 53 OVR - Another guy with bad ratings but he's a warm body inside. He can give us an edge over smaller teams and he eats up some space.

Other players of note that we will have to deal with:

PG Bracey Tafo - 51 OVR - FR - My 3rd recruit this year in addition to Shiloh and Works. This guy is a dud. Redshirting this year. Poor speed, he is an average defender and will probably come off the bench since we're losing Alston/Ewing after this season.

SF Luicious Gooding - 52 OVR - FR - Gooding was in my recruiting class last year and redshirted. I usually stick with a 10 man rotation and cannot imagine Gooding seeing a lot of time on the floor. He can't shoot, can't defend and can't handle the ball.

I like my recruiting class this year quite a bit compared to last season's where we really only got Hayes and 2 duds. This year we got two guys that are going to contribute immediately. We won't have a 3 point threat when Ewing leaves but we'll have some speedy guards to take over at least.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote