View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 12:44 AM   #109
Radii
Head Coach

2009/10 Recruiting Overview

We've got 5 scholarships to fill but are really only looking to sign 3 guys. I don't think we have enough recruiting points to go after 5 guys honestly. I have 4 guys I had been going after as underclassmen who all have more than 60% interest in me. Only one is at 70% though.

I go through and add about 8 guys that I will try to guage early interest in before I offer scholarships. I also add a few juniors to my list this year to try to work on for next season.

I end up targeting two 3* SG's, hopefully not going too big here, but these guys are the two targets I'm dumping everything I can into until I see reason not to. I get both over 80% very quickly.

3 weeks from the early signing period, SG Edmund Axton, a 3* SG from Annapolis, MD (ranked #144 OVR) has already visited campus and we've got him up to 91%. I've got one more visit I can use, and no one else has offered him yet. We're making a huge push here.

SG Romeo Fitzgerald, #337 overall from Baltimore, MD is a bit more of a long shot. We have him at 84% and no one has offered him either, but it feels more likely that we won't be able to get him where we need to to land him.

We offer our other 3 scholarships as well to 2* guys but we don't have enough time to put into them before the early signing period to have a chance.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote