View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 02:56 AM   #128
Radii
Head Coach

I sim out my last two non-conference games, as I expect to lose them both:

Campbell 101
NC A&T 77

Campbell's Jonathan Rodriguez was an all american last year and he's back for one last year. He's averaging 31 points and 10 boards so far this year. He scored 44 on us. 19 from Coleman, 19 from Hayes, 17 from Ewing.

Duke 82
NC A&T 55

22 from Ewing. Coleman scored 1 point.

That makes us 5-7 entering conference play. Not as good as I'd hoped for. Our last 5 games have all been tough ones, with 3 pretty much guarenteed losses, but I was hoping to have a shot vs UNC-W or Binghamton.

Looking ahead as my main goal this year has been to earn as many coaching points as possible, here are the ones I had set my sights on this season that we have yet to accomplish:

1) Win a non-conference tournament(completed already, hooray!)
2) Sign a world recruit - I will probably make a stronger effort to do this during the offseason
3) Go an entire season with no unhappy players - Should happen as long as I don't forget like last year.
4) Coach a conference player of the year - Ewing and Coleman are both potential candidates. I don't want to risk playing poorly to get them the ball more often than I normally would... but both have a shot.
5) Coach a team to a winning record - We'd need to go 11-7 or better in conference play.
6) Coach a team to 20 wins - We need 15 more. 12-6 + winning the conference tournament, or obviously better than 12-6 in conference play, would get us there.
7) Coach a team to a conference championship - I believe we have the best team in the league this year.
8) Coach a team to an NCAA Tournament bid - If wehave the best team we should be legit contenders to win our conference tourney.

Now, I don't truly expect to make all 8 goals, but I have already earned one and really expect that earning 4 or 5 is not unreasonable. I fully expect this team to go undefeated at home in conference play, and there are some bad teams at the bottom that I expect us to beat, which should allow us to have a winning record and win 20 games, in addition to having no unhappy players and winning the preseason tourney.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote