View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #406
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oh the, ahem, "joys" of parenting.

Currently my grounded-until-I-say-otherwise child is discovering that other children in the neighborhood do NOT have the ability to grant permission to "borrow" the tennis court of a vacant house on the neighborhood.

It was only a few weeks ago that my then-10 y/o knew that without even being told. A very proud parenting moment indeed, seeing good judgement even in the face of peer pressure.

In April he turned 11 and apparently it made him stupid.

The real estate agent handling the property confirmed what we knew already: nobody had permission to be roaming around over there, especially not with the house vacant as the owners have returned to Florida to be with family as the wife nears death with terminal lung cancer. The agent will be padlocking the courts later tonight and explaining the no trespassing thing to the parents of the other kids.

The kicker? Who is the real estate agent married to? Only the primary external fundraiser for the school all of the boys involved attend. Way to make an impression guys, good job.

Another lesson learned tonight that will probably come in handy is that, when you already know you're in deep shit, slamming the door after you're exiled to your bedroom is NOT going to help matters one bit.

Oh the joys of parenting