View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #415
Lorena
Unregistered

Reading some of your posts reminded me of an article I came across:

Today's tykes: Secure kids or rudest in history? - Kids and parenting- msnbc.com

Yeah too many "buddies" and not enough parents, I agree with Jon. Sometimes I feel like a dictator, but in all fairness to our kids, I think it's pretty balanced, they do have a lot of freedom, but if they cross that line, they're in deep sh!t.

About a month ago, Larissa (our 8 year old) left some toys outside and they got stolen. She was upset but we explained that stuff like that happens if toys don't get taken care of. Fast forward a couple of weeks... she takes her bike outside and I reminded her that if she wasn't gonna use it, it had to put it away. We also have a rule that she's not allowed to go to her friend's house without permission. I go outside and find the bike unattended and she's in her friend's house. Well, needless to say I was pretty upset. I call her out and she immediately knew how busted she was. She brings her bike inside and gets an earful from Ant and I. She knew she was wrong. 2 infractions, 2 weeks groundation period.

Last edited by Lorena : 06-04-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote