View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #231
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I like Chad Morris as a coach. I'm just not sure he's going to succeed at Arkansas. He took over a roster not built for what he wants to do and it's more or less impossible right now to have better than the 4th most talented roster in the division based on raw talent.

I do think he can recruit Texas, but recruiting Texas well if you're not a Texas school or Oklahoma isn't very easy. He's going to get a couple of cycles to sell hope and then if he isn't winning by year 3 they're going he'll be tuned out.

As I said, I do like Morris as a coach, but if I had to put money on Morris winning a SEC title or being fired in 5 years my money is on being fired.

I appreciate that. And Im jaded. I got to know Chad and Paula well when they were in Clemson. I know that clouds my judgment.

Here is the trump card regarding recruiting Texas. There are currently 27(ish) TX HS Head Football Coaches that worked for Chad at one point in his tenure coaching TX HS Football. He is still front and center with his message that "I am a TX HS Football coach"

He also is very confident he will get 5 years. Specifically during negotiations discussed it. He told folks around him Arkansas was much farther away personnel wise from winning big than "they" thought. But was OK with that because they were committed to winning and committed to spending.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote