Thread: 2011 MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #422
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Yeah he'll be traded away. No chance they commit long term money to him with this ownership group, let alone how they worry about his injuries. He should bring a nice haul back.

I may have misheard it because I was at the gym at the time, but pretty sure during Game 2 today, Gary Cohen said that the Rockies had 4 wins in 26 games at Shea/Citi prior to this series...when they won 4 games.

That's accurate. The Rockies have always been a horrible road team. In their history, they finished over .500 on the road one time. A 41-40 mark a couple of years ago.

Playing on the road against the Mets has always been a house of horrors. In the 3 years previous to this the Rockies played 10 games against the Mets. They went 2-8 in those ten games and were shut out 6 times.

I know the early part of the schedule was/is easy. I thought the Rockies could finally have a good start and get out of April about 3 or 4 games over .500 and start the year good for once. To be 10-2 with all of these road wins? I didn't think that was possible. Not in a million years. It's been a dream start.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote