Thread: 2011 MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #450
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Rockies now 6 outs from being 10-2 with a 7-1 road trip. I don't think they have ever had a 7-1 road trip. Hell, they could go 24-49 in their remaining road games and equal last years total if they hold on to this.

Tulo hit another HR. 7 HR for him now.

I just hope he stays healthy. he's my favorite player in the game to watch and I have thought all along if he could get off to a better start in April and stay healthy he would win the MVP.

Rockies win again against the Cubs, 5-0. What's funny to me is that Tulo clubbed all those home runs in Citi Field, which is notoriously difficult to get a home run at, but they get back to Denver and neither he nor anyone else got one out in one of the most home run-friendly parks in existence. Still, they're 11-2. In a usually tight and unpredictable division like the NL West, this sort of run to start the season means Colorado's going to be contending for the long haul this year, and not just for the Wild Card, either. Only other time they've had this sort of edge on the division was in '95, but that didn't hold up and they settled for the Wild Card.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote