View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 08:50 AM   #93
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

2013 FRONT OFFICE BOWL

KEY CONTRACT EXTENSION DECISIONS
RDE Ray Antel's first contract is up, and he's been very solid, but I don't have anywhere near the current cap room to extend him right now. He wants a deal worth around $20M per year.

TE Kenny Malfara doesn't get an extension right now, as his backup, Gilbert Woodyard, is pretty much just as good, and is the same age with two more years remaining in his contract. If I have the money around, I may try to re-sign Malfara, but that would be a luxury.

LG Harry Mays, who played in only 10 games due to various little injuries, gets a small salary decrease to play one more year.

LDT Dixon Mahoney will have to wait until next year as well, due to current cap restrictions.

FS Kris Colon gets two more years, at right around his current cap cost.

RG Nick Weber will get a look next year, but can't be re-signed right now.

SLB Kendrick O' Neal's time with the Falcons is over. Last year's 1st-round pick, Chester Adderley, looks ready to step in and start next year.

LCB Harvey Hallock, our nickel back, wants a modest salary for 2 more years, and gets re-signed.

RB Blake Van Lanen gets a one-year extension for a modest increase, and gets it.

Based on performance thus far, our best backup QB option is probably Kirk Wolfe, so he gets a one-year extension.

DETROIT (13-5) vs. TENNESSEE (13-5) (-2)

Detroit wins their second Front Office Bowl, and first since 2007, with a last-second 24-yard FG. Jesse Borders win the game MVP with 135 yards on 36 caarries and one TD. Lorenzo Chapman threw for 219 yards and 2 TD's on 16 for 24 passing, but RB Jerry Timmons (19 carries, 100 yards) fumbled as the Titans were driving for what would have been the game-clinching TD with 5:01 to go. That fumble set up Detroit's final drive for the game-winner.