View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 04:19 AM   #90
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Might I recommend an additional score of points for each year you can keep the dynasty going? Otherwise a few early good years and you retire with a blisteringly high winning percentage, which is, by far, the highest input to your score. I think we should encourage people to keep going, instead of calling it a day when their star RB or somebody goes down permanently and they have a high percentage.

I would hope that people are playing with an eye on keeping the team going as long as possible, but you may have a good point there.

On another note, once we're done with this, it'll be interesting to look harder at the players from this draft class who crept a lot, but were never on our radar screens. I already see quite a few (year 3 now). Looking back at the draft class info on the first few of these, all I can surmise is that, like good players who perform better than their bars at the combines, there are also good players who underperform at the combines, even though they're really better than their bars. I'm not sure there's a way to identify guys in the latter group with any level of consistency, but looking at these guys might be an interesting exercise.