View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #303
sabotai
General Manager

An update.

I failed to bring sexyback for my friend's wedding (which they had in February. They set the date in January.) But, since there were no single chicks there at all, it didn't matter.

Part 1 - It's taken until 2 weeks ago for me to finally kick the junk food habit. I started buying a lot of fruit instead. So now instead of pop tarts and chocolate chip cookies, I'm eating a lot of bananas, kiwifruit, peaches, strawberries, etc. I also really like blueberries and raspberries, but they are a bit expensive in this area right now. Raspberries cost about 4 times as much as strawberries!

I've been trying a lot of new fruits, to increase the variety. I tried kiwifruit for the first time a few days ago and that got put right into my starting rotation. I also tried a papaya, but that failed to pass the test.

I've also tried some vegetables, but the results were not good at all. I thought I liked cucumbers, but apparently I really don't. I just can't seem to find veggies I like. Corn, green beans, beats and potatoes are about it, and I can't say I'm a big fan of the potato (I have to add stuff, like butter, to make it taste good and that kinda defeats the purpose). So I guess I'll be eating a lot of corn, green beans and beats.

Part 2 - I've only drank maybe 3 or 4 cans of soda in the last few months, and the last time I was in a fast food place was about a month ago (Arby's). So I guess I've done pretty well there.

Part 3 - I got REALLY sick in January for most of the month and it took me quite awhile to get back into lifting weights 3 times a week. At some point during that period, the magnetic resistants in my exercise bike stopped working, so I haven't been doing any cardio like I planned. Sometime this weekend I'm going to take apart the bike and see what's going on.

I wrote that original post in September and it looks like, in the middle of March, I'm finally getting around to actually getting to it.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote