View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 10:38 PM   #310
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm back to actively exercising and trying to lose weight. I lost all that weight about 18 months ago, gained about half of it back, and now I'm 6 weeks into losing it again. I'm about 18 pounds down already and cut my body fat % by about 5%. I'll be starting adult soccer and tennis leagues next week, which will help. I'm getting to the gym when i can, which isn't that often, but I'm liking the strength training on the Wii Fit. My balance sucks.

Best part is, a bunch of secretaries at work decided to do a Biggest Loser contest at work, and they begged me to join. Everyone puts in $60 for 12 weeks ($5/week), and each weekly winner gets half of that week's pot, with the overall winner getting the rest of the pot. So with 20 people, that's $1,200 total, with the weekly winner getting $50 and the overall winner getting $600. I may very well win the whole thing.

Anyone have any thoughts on BMI? I find it pretty ridiculously unrealistic. Based on the Wii Fit calculation, I need to lose about 15 pounds to get to the absolute upper limit of the "normal" range. And to be safely in the middle of the "normal" range, I'd have to lose about 25 pounds. At about 15-20 pounds from where I am right now - which is where I was 18 months ago - I had people asking me if I was recovering from an illness and stuff like that. No way I will believe that it's healthy for me to be another 25-30 pounds less than I am right now.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote