View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #333
SFL Cat
College Starter

My worst weight was almost 250. I dieted and went down to 215...then eventually went back to about 240.

About eight months ago, I joined the YMCA and started working out on a regular basis. It was tough at first because I'm in my 40s and was really out of shape. Despite wanting to quit several times, I stuck with it -- minimum 3 times a week (I now do it 3-5 times a week). I'm glad I did. I dropped 10 pounds without dieting. About three weeks ago, I started South Beach. I'm down to around 220. My waist has gone from a 44" to a 40" and I'm shooting for a 38" (I was a 36" in college). I went on a cruise a week ago, and gained about 5, but I'm proud of myself because I hit the shipboard gymn twice that week, and considering I didn't limit myself as to what I could eat, I didn't think 5 lbs. was too bad of a pick up. Since I've been home and on a regular regimine again, that extra weight is falling off fast.

Excercise has been the key for me, and I can honestly say I'm in better shape now at 47 than I was at 35.

Last edited by SFL Cat : 07-08-2008 at 09:45 PM.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote