View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #221
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Well god forbid it is someones first time doing something.

I dunno, I think what I get out of WoW is different then most people.

Rich and Dubb beat me to it, but I'll expand a little bit. I have absolutely no problem with someone who is in a new place that doesn't know what's going on. I do have a problem with someone who can't follow a simple direction such as "don't stand in the fire," or "don't start attacking until after the tank has established aggro." If you blow it, it's no big deal. If you blow it four times in a row...it begins to become a big deal. Even when something is a big deal, however, I'm not one to jump down anyone's throat - but I'm also not afraid to ask someone to leave, or to explain to the group why I have to leave.

The expectations are higher in a raid group, though I know that if I'm pugging, I need to lower my expectations a lot. Like Saldana said, there are two distinct groups of people that play Warcraft - raiders and casual gamers. As a former hardcore raider, it is difficult (though not impossible) for me to instance run with casuals, because i've grown accustomed to a higher level of familiarity with the game and it's mechanics from my groupmates. Mostly, however, the people that irritate me irritate me not because of their lack of knowledge of the game, but because of their personality and mannerisms. A polite person who is trying, even if they're the worst WoW player ever, is likely to get a lot more help from me than a stud player who is a dick.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote