View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 05:14 PM   #153
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Camp Results

No changes on the Army-level stuff. There was a vote for investing reputation in artillery, but we don't have a brigade that could use it right now and others voted to hold pat on that.

The supply situation looked good and we didn't need any new officers. That meant everything could go towards training and equipping soldiers for the larger brigades.

Wagner's Division

Race's Brigade

Veterans were requested. 124 added, 1624 total.

Walton's Brigade

Veterans as well. 119 added, 1619 total.

Scales' Brigade

Trimble receives two more veteran crews, increasing to 15 rifled 10-pounders, the command-efficiency limit here. Veteran crews.

Duryell's Division

Kemper -- +167, 1319 men.

Duryee -- +199, 1154 men.

Preston's Brigade

89 vets, up to 466 now. A credible-sized cavalry unit at this point, well over half-strength. Let's hope that makes a difference in the battle.

Seymour's Brigade

As has been mentioned, all maxed out with nothing to do.

Loomis's Division

Request was made to max out at 2000, but I had to stop short of that as we started running into command-efficiency limit issues here. First time I've seen that with infantry but I figured it would happen eventually. So they were all filled up to the point where it started dropping. 1786 for Moody, 1686 for Ferrero, 1807 for A. Wright.

II Corps Notes

** We outfitted two brigades with Farmer's muskets, but only have enough for one now with the increased size and losses from the last battle at Logan's Crossroads. The more experienced of the two was outfitted with Springfield M1842s instead. This cost over a tenth of our available funding by itself($11.6k), but it couldn't be helped if we are going to continue increasing numbers across the board. The one remaining Farmer's unit has an experienced CO, and was able to take advantadge of the available weapons by expanding to nearly the maximum. It's now our largest brigade by numbers at over 1900, hopefully helping to mask the fact that it sucks. They've got 'cannon fodder' imprinted on their foreheads at this point basically.

** Still woefully short on artillery, but we did add two more guns.

** The infantry brigades in this Corps still lag behind a bit overall in size, but they are at about 1500 on average.

Outlook

I Corps numbers nearly 12k, II Corps a little over 10k. We used up the money again($17 left) and have 1,325 recruits. That's 85 more than we had one battle ago, and it's been staying fairly steady. Optimally I'd like to have it a little lower but it's not like there's a huge number going unused.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-05-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote