View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 08:28 PM   #154
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

There will be many posts for this battle. I haven't finished it yet and I can already tell that for certain.

CW said to 'enjoy the hell' of Shiloh. A journalist is reported to have noted that 'the South never smiled after Shiloh'. I'm hoping this ends up being more of the latter than the former. Gen. James Stewart is unbeaten so far.

Even with our advantadges from the last two battles, we are still somewhat outnumbered. The Confederates are reported to number 43k and 112 guns; 38k and 57 for us. I'm particularly concerned about that kind of a difference in artillery. It also appears that Stewart's command comprises about 60% of the total Union force. He's moving up in the world -- but that could be both good and bad.

Both Corps are to be placed side-by-side, so it didn't seem to matter much who starts where here.

This is quite a distance to the southwest from Pittsburgh Landing.

Basically east from there, roughly due south from our positions. As described, the river is just east here, barely off-screen.

Tomorrow? Oh, so we are just going to enjoy a quiet day of strolling through the countryside today. Sounds great.

I'm given control for a moment, but before I can do anything ...

Oh Major Woods .... we have a 'task'(aka suicide mission?) for you ...

If you could just deploy them right now, that'd be great ...

And so it begins. I have the feeling that it's actually going to be quite possible for me to potentially screw this up.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote