View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 12:57 PM   #175
chesapeake
College Starter

Dola

I meant to post in the morning but was called away. Apologies for the above belated post.

FYI-once you use all the officers in the barracks, anytime you create a new brigade, a new officer of the minimum rank necessary is created and assigned to the unit. So, you never have to worry about not having any officers as a limitation on army building. I found this out yesterday. I wish I had known sooner. It does mean that you'll have generals working in odd places, but that is not the end of the world. If you shift around your officers before using up all those in the barracks, you can at least put the generals you have to hire in charge of divisions.

This being the case, I recommend using rep points on the good rifles and giving those to the 1-star (or better) units. Then, I suggest steadily maxing our our brigade numbers with rookies and cheap rifles.

I see we have a lot of the 6pdr field cannon in the armory. Don't be afraid of using those. What they lack in ranged power they make up for when deployed close to the lines and firing canister into the enemy ranks. And if a couple get lost from time to time, they're cheaply replaceable.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote