View Single Post
Old 04-18-2003, 03:57 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Cool The Bill Gates Challenge, Part I: In The Beginning...

For those of you who are unfamiliar with The Bill Gates Challenge, the following is a repost of my anti-Cowboys dynasty from the old FOFC forums. If you are new to the Challenge, enjoy! If you are familiar with it, just be thankful that reposting it keeps me from creating more polls...

Winner of Best FOF Dynasty at the First Annual Golden Scribe Awards

During the spring of 2000, in the middle of the United States' investigation into Microsoft's allegedly unfair business practices, Bill Gates decided he needed to find a way to improve his image with the American public. While reading the Wall Street Journal, he stumbled across an article that claimed football was America's favorite sport. Immediately, he hit upon the idea of buying an NFL franchise. Being a bit of an egotist, Bill naturally wanted to own the most popular team in the most exclusive club in the world -- the NFL owners club. Having heard the Dallas Cowboys frequently referred to as "America's Team" by his ignoramus sports-watching cousin, Bill decided that he wanted to own that team. Surely then he would share in their popularity, and America would love him!

Quickly, Bill's secretary got Jerry Jones on the line and offered him a cool $600 million for the team. Sadly, Jerry said he was not willing to part with his Cowboys, as a few of them had managed to avoid going to jail up to that point.

Outraged, Bill offered him $700 million!
No.

$800 million!
No.

$900 million!!
No.

Surely the fool wouldn't turn down $1 billion!
No.

Furious, Bill slammed down the phone, and started to plot his revenge. Thus began Part I of: The Bill Gates Messes With Texas Challenge!

Last edited by Kodos : 01-28-2004 at 01:08 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote