View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 10:32 PM   #38
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

2019/20 Preseason: Roster Status

U18 Graduates

No one of note

Senior Roster

GK - We have last year's League Two goaltender of the year returning in Jordan Hart and he was backed up capably by Joe McGovern. Hart should be good at this level but I may need to look at upping the quality of our depth for the League One level.

D - Both of our fullbacks starred last year in League Two, with DL Sam Lidington and DR James Grant both impressing. I'm not entirely sure if they will match up well at the next level. At DC, Daniel Nimmo was ever-present in our lineup but he may not have the quality or speed for League One football. We have some capable depth in guys like Kesi Omolokun but I may need to look at loans here or bringing in new talent.

M - Midfield was a strength on last year's team and this year should be no different. League Two player of the year Kurtis Roberts returns and he will lead our offense from the attacking central midfield position. Captain Jamie McKernon should be fine in a box-to-box role but we can use a bit more of a creative spark in central midfield. On the wings, unheralded AML Adam Martin will be back - his talent for this level is suspect but as a right footed left midfielder, he's ideally suited to playing the Inside Forward position in our Gegenpress 4-2-3-1 system.

F - Main striker Josh Peters, our leading goal scorer last season, returns and should be fine at this higher level. We'll need to add reinforcements to help him out but we plan on utilizing one striker formations for the majority of the season so we won't need to go overboard on this position.

Overall, we need to up the quality of our depth in all positions as we look to stay afloat in Ladbrokes Scottish League One. DC, AMR and MC are the biggest concerns at the moment.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote